Tuesday, December 4, 2012

It's been a year

I just want to see you,
And feel one more embrace.
The tears just fall so freely with no one in your place.
I need some reassurance,
Someone to guide my way.
My heart hasn't beat steadily
Since the day you went away.
People try and tell me,
Any words to calm me down.
But there's no point in trying,
All I want is you to be around.
They say its best to remember
All the times we ever shared.
And glimpse back at pictures,
When nothing else seems to help.
There's an aching in my heart
And a missing piece where you once were.
It's hard to believe a year has passed,
Since the music sang and the words read we're put into a memory of you.
I still sit in that church and feel that day happen over again.
I can picture it so clearly and feel all of the same emotions.
And I slip into a trance,
My hands are shaking and my heart is racing,
As a waterfall traces over my face.
I hear the words "it's not okay",
Not realizing they came from my own lips.
And your gone,
An angel above us.
A lost soul among us.
You pop up at all the right times,
Your subtleties reminding us you will always be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment