Wednesday, January 16, 2013

The toll of cancer

There is a lot to say about the fight of cancer. Most of it comes in thoughts and tears rather than words; because it is in times too difficult for any of us to feel in those darkest moments.

I feel that those who battle cancer and survive are extremely strong people. They have experienced something so scary and unimaginable to everyone else. I commend them for being able to persevere through that battle.

Than there are those who give that battle 110% of all they have and come out on the losing end. The words "it's in an advanced stage" or "there's nothing left that we can do" are crushing words that no one should ever have to hear. In that short or long time that you can live with cancer you make the most of it. Everyday you spend surrounded by those you love, reminiscing about the past and building memories for your surrounded loved ones in the future.

I know as humans it is hard to live through that time period as the loved one. Only ever really hoping for a tomorrow. But as we all know that is not always guaranteed.

I guess some of you may be wondering what the reason begin me writing this is and as I am not going to tell the whole world just know that it is in dedication.

To those I know who have survived and passed away from cancer.

JD, KF, KG, SR, GS, and all the other people that I cannot think of right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment